My name is Ruth Blackman. I am a wedding officiant and ordained minister. Writing and performing wedding, commitment, and vow renewal ceremonies brings me such joy. Elopements, micro-weddings, formal weddings…it makes no difference. Knowing that a couple will be legally wed by me is an honor and privilege I take seriously…even with my lighthearted personality.
I join together all types of couples as long as they are 18+ and are not currently married to someone else. I do not discriminate due to ethnicity, race, religion, nor color and am LGBTQ+ inclusive. If you want to be married, then let’s do it!
- Ceremonies are personalized and written specifically for the couple or chose a classic ceremony.
- Secular or religious, multi-cultural, nondiscriminatory, LGBTQ+ inclusive ceremonies. It makes no difference!
- Weddings can formal, casual, elopement, micro, backyard, park, living room, restaurant, hall and even the same day you contact us!
- Traditions or rituals (religious, family, cultural, I-just-like-that, breaking the glass, circling each other, jumping the broom, wine sipping, hand tying, unity candle lighting, sand bottles, exchange of love letters, poems, readings, songs or something else can be included. Add the children or the family dog!
- Vows can be customized by the officiant or the couple or the officiant can use a standard selection.
- License is filed by the officiant with the township clerk where the wedding takes place that day or within 5 days.
Please contact us for more detailed information. We look forward to hearing from you!